Follow these easy steps and you will have your tap handles in no time from Tap Handles To Go™!
Do you have artwork prepared and need a template to place it on, or do you have no artwork?
- If you have artwork and need a template, head to TAP HANDLES. Templates are available on the page of each tap handle shape as you scroll to the bottom.
- If you have no artwork and no ability to make artwork, head to EASY HANDLES (Design Your Own tap handle). Choose your tap handle shape, click the Customize button, and you can add your artwork/text through our online editor.
1. Click your desired tap handle shape.
2. Click your base paint colour. (We recommend white for full colour prints.) EASY HANDLES will be white.
3. Download your template. We provide PDF templates for all 3 base colours for each tap handle style. You will find them in the description in the middle of the page.
Using a graphics program like Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw, you can create your custom tap handle.
*If you want a complete flood of colour or background please add a 1/8” or 3mm bleed.
*When designing please use CMYK.
*Use vector based artwork to get the best print, but we are able to print anything (preferably a DPI over 72). We will let you know if the quality is not good enough.
When you are done designing, save it as a pdf and convert all the fonts to paths.
Note: If you have a graphic that wraps around a corner, we may not be able to line it up precisely. Due to the nature of wood and sanding process, all pieces are slightly different. Below is an example of what can be done.
You will notice that some templates have the word “DECAL” on them. This is to signify that this area will be printed on a decal and applied. Please know that all decal materials and ink are durable, permanent, water/UV/scratch resistant. Below are examples of top decals.
If you order 30 or more tap handles, we are happy to help with your design FREE OF CHARGE.
4. Upload your artwork file. We can accept any type of file: vector, pdf, ai, eps, jpg. Be sure the artwork is high resolution, or higher than 72 dpi. Vector files are preferred.
5. Add special instructions that you would like to share about your artwork (you can leave this box blank).
6. Click your desired quantity. We have no minimums.
7. Check out.
8. A proof will be emailed (usually within 24 hr) that requires approval. If you don't see this email, please check your junk mail.
9. Carefully check and approve your proof, or make changes. Once it's approved, we make the tap handles and ship them usually within 3 days. We ship with Canada Post, and shipping times can be found here.
10. While you wait, please review How to Install a Tap Handle.
If you have any questions, need quotes, or require help with artwork, please contact us.
Want FULL CUSTOM tap handles?
Tap Handles Canada™ has launched (February 2023). Custom 3D printed, full colour designs. Fast and efficient. Let us know if you have any questions.